|FOOD AND BEVERAGE|
Located in Wollongong, Steelers is a 102-gaming machine club with a rich history and strong ties to the local and sporting communities. Having held preliminary discussions with Tabcorp Gaming Solutions (TGS) in 2014, the board and management undertook an extensive due diligence process that saw the club join the TGS network in 2015.
Upon confirmation of the new arrangement, Steelers and TGS began planning for not only a structural redesign of the premises but also a redesign of its gaming and promotional offerings. An in depth review of the club’s brand and marketing strategies were also undertaken.
Since officially relaunching in October 2015, members and guests of the club have been reaping the rewards of a contemporary club design, the introduction of a new catering offering and a new promotional structure. The gaming floor now has the latest offerings – an area Steelers previously struggled to keep up-to-date.
General Manager, Sharon Arrow, couldn’t be more pleased with TGS’s approach and the refurbishment of the club. Reaction from existing members has been positive with members being simply ‘blown away’, he says.
From an operational perspective TGS provides ongoing support and has worked hard to develop a close working relationship. While Steelers’ board and management make the final decisions in relation to the venue’s operation, including what product is utilised on the gaming floor, it’s a collaborative arrangement. Both Steelers and TGS work together to fulfil Steelers’ business objectives, by TGS providing expert advice to assist the board and management in making informed decisions.
“Upon the completion of the new club design and renovations which included a new gaming floor and catering facility Steelers has experienced immediate growth. Through our collaborative approach with Tabcorp Gaming Solutions we are able to provide a more customer-led gaming and club product offer. Ongoing support with our marketing and promotional activity, which included a tiered rewards program has further assisted us to drive member engagement and we continue to see our performance lift every month.”
General Manager, Sharon Arrow, Steelers
- Archaic gaming product, systems and technology
- Disjointed furniture and features that did not align with a modern entertainment offer
- Dated TAB and sports bar offer
- Inadequate signage, with an entry and façade requiring attention
- A dining offer that did not appeal to a wider demographic
- Injection of the latest gaming product with a more efficient gaming machine layout to minimise dead space
- A better club facilities layout zoned to better cater for a number of demographics from families through to sports lovers
- Opulent and on-trend pendant fixtures that provide ambient lighting and defines entertainment and dining zones
- Construction of a centralised bar with decorative tiling to provide wow-factor, with the bar’s layout having a focus on functionality to better service customers and increase efficiency of staff. Clear delineation between restaurant and café, bar and cashier station, with the use of different materials along the bar face helping the service area transition in function from the café through to the TAB
- New furniture across the dining areas, lounges, sports bar and gaming areas to provide each zone with a unique look and feel, modern pops of colour and extra comfort for members and guests
- Refurbished reception area with marble counters, clad with wood panelling and new auto-sign technology to provide customers with a sleek and welcoming interaction with the club
- Introduction of a venue hospitality and gaming loyalty program to gain a better understanding of customers, visitation patterns and member behaviours
- Design, production and installation of new illuminated signage at the club’s entrance and update of existing signage opportunities to highlight the club’s new brand
- External painting of the building to modernise the façade